Thursday, August 27, 2009

All so that I could see

Many will believe me not
That I met you as a man who but thought
How can I raise my dormant lot?

You came as an inspiring dad
And as a mother who to serve is glad

You came to me as a teacher old
As words of a master bold
To tell me just how I thought
As foolish and as wise
You also came with broken thought

You came to me with mystic eyes
I wonder if it’s true or just lies

Beautiful you came with silver shine
Ne’er thought the world could glow so fine

You walked all way a loyal mate
Sometimes as friend or a brother naive

You came to me as my child one night
I stood dazed, in wonder and delight

You came as a disappointing lot
And let me down oh so oft

Your questions won’t just ever stop
I’m learning now what I once was taught

You let me down and in pain
Only to let me down again

Shouting laughing running free
I come in and you jump at me

I can’t disagree at all
As a song when you do call

I know now why
I can tell
All so that I could see
That I am you and you are me


No comments:

Post a Comment