Thursday, August 25, 2011

I thank...

I thank the night for how else would I know the beauty of the day
I thank the cold and wet and hard or how else would I know of the warmth and dry and soft

I thank the heartless for they show, how to love, and how to adore
I thank the illness or how else would I know of health and spring and living more
I thank the lazy or how else would I know the worth working more

I thank the fools or how else would I know the worth of wise
I thank the conceited and the vice, for how else would I know of grace and rise

I thank the stubborn, for they taught me how to yield
I thank the deceitful, for who is true now I know

I thank the sloppy, they taught me lessons of earnest care
I thank the quitters, for they teach me to persist and to dare

I thank the darkened sky, for they show me the beauty of the starlit night
I thank the emptiness of the space, for it tells me I am at home alright

I thank the hurry I thank the rush, it taught me how to stand and stare
I thank the noise, I thank the blare, or how would I know of silence clear

I thank the treachery of death and end, for it tells me I am life with long miles yet to go that never-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment