Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Donkey and the Meadow

It was a beautiful morning bright and new
The meadow shone as the sun lit up the morning dew

The squirrels ran up and down
On the few tree that were around

The butterflies skipped from flower to flower
The crickets screeched out in a loud roar

The birds sang free as they dashed around
The bees passed by with a humming sound

The Donkey busy and unhappy was thinking to himself
O poor me O poor me

Why can't there be some donkeys more
They would know just how I feel for sure

The world is such a burden for all to see
Why can't all these creatures be just like me

Look at the flowers they just stand around
And hurt my nose as I reach for the ground

The grass it just grows too short
My neck it hurt from reaching out such a lot

There is so much to do and long miles for me to pound
I wish I could turn off all this hurting sound

The owl sorry at the Donkey's fate
Called out to him - hear me my mate

There's a need for everyone there is a place for all to be
The world's so pretty just look up and see

I can't, I have much to do you see
My shoulder drop for all the weight on me

Oh! what a shame no one can see
O poor me O poor me

No comments:

Post a Comment